Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Morpheus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwunder

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
GB
I've been recommended a program called Morpheus. I believe it's a kind of file sharing prog or something. How does it work ? Does it mean other people have access to the comtents of my PC?

Cheers
kwunder

It's an MP3 sharing program that is used by MusicCity.com. Basically Morpheus is the client software that allows you to share your MP3 files from a designated directory that you specify and download MP3 files. However the user inerface is actually done through your browser window, so it looks and acts like just another website.

I personally did not care for the program not because it was bad (it actually worked very well) but because the choices of downloads available. You will generally find a lot of copies of the same popular songs. It all depends on what type of music you are looking for but Morpheus does work pretty well. Personally I prefer WinMX.

You can go to musiccity.com and there is a link to download Morpheus. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Nice one. THanks for the advice

kwunder

I use Morpheus. I love it. It is a little program for your PC to share files. Not just MP3 files. You don't even need IE open. You pick which directories you want to share. I personally have stopped sharing my files for fear of the unknown. It is faster than Napster ever was.

But beware! My son downloaded a virus contained within some .exe he was searching for. Luckily the anti-virus alerted him and was able to clean the file. Be warned!! My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my rather limited knowledge. Andy.

Yeh. You're not the only one.
Give WinMX a whirl as Joegz recommends.

kwunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back