Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Morning everyone, I have an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommoGuy101

Technical User
Nov 6, 2009
US
Morning everyone,
I have an issue with trunk to trunk transfer...I believe

I have a local PRI on my Nortel CS1000E with a block of 100 DID numbers
Recently, I have set up a TIE trunk between the Nortel and Cisco.
I have taken a DID number and then did a CDP of that number to the Cisco system.
If I dial the 5 digit extension number from a Nortel phone the call follows the correct RLI and route to Cisco without any issue.
However, if I dial the 10 digit number externally, the call is not flowing to the RLI and following the route to Cisco.
The call is diverted to the 2250 console at the reception desk on the Nortel system.
They are able to transfer me to the extension that is on the Cisco phone.
Seems that I may be missing something that allows trunk to trunk transfer from the Local PRI to the Tie trunk connected to the Cisco system.
Any thoughts?

Thank you all,
CommoGuy101

Not sure about the trunk to trunk scenario, but maybe in LD 49 and setting up the IDC table(s)for the DID digits coming down the pipe might work.

Only a thought ...

TGD

You set the trunk to trunk stuff in the NET_DATA so DITI (DDI to Tie Trunks allow) set to yes?

I have tried changing the DDTI to "yes"
I get the same results
Calls are diverting to the main console.

I should also say that there is a TIE trunk between to Nortel CS1000 and Nortel Option 11.
The calls work properly when CDP to the to the Option 11.
All looks like the same set up to me.

I have a TIE trunk set up on the option 11 to Cisco and those calls also work properly.

Seems like only the calls from the CS1000 to Cisco is having issues.

CommoGuy101

What about setting EXTT and TRNX to yes in the customer data block.

Both of those are set to"YES"

When calls come in on the Local PRI, I can CDP a call from Nortel CS1000 to another Nortel, proving that trunk to trunk transfer is working.
But when I CDP to the QSIG connected to the CISCO the call is diverting to the attendant console.(as if it doesn't even see the CDP)
Seems like a routing issue to me.
I have a QSIG set up on the 2nd Nortel system to CISCO and I can CDP call from the local PRI on that system to CISCO without any issues.
Built them both the same way.
Looks like a routing issue but not sure where else to look.

Also if a call comes in on the local PRI, then I CDP from Nortel to Nortel then to CISCO(At the working site) the call fails.

Hope that all makes sense.

CommoGuy101

Have you run a d-channel trace to see what is happening when the call gets redirected?

The TARG on the TIE route is open completely.
No TARG entered

When doing a trace on the d-Channel, which D-channel...the one for the local PRI or the TIE trunk should I look at ?

The weird thing is I can send it over a TIE to a remote Nortel system and then route it to CISCO using a TIE on that system and the calls connect.
Only getting diverted to the attendant console if I stay on the main system and try to route to CISCO via TIE.

CommoGuy101

I have it resolved finally.
Turned out that the PNI for the local PRI was set at 00000 and the PNI on the TIE trunk was set to 00001
Changed the TIE to be 00000 and all is working properly.

Thank you all for your input and help.

CommoGuy101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back