Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More than one program running @ the same time 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkeyMark

Programmer
Nov 9, 1999
IE
looking for advice..???<br>
<br>
If I have two programmes running at the same time... How do I pass data between them ???<br>
<br>
Many Thanks<br>
<br>
MarkeyMark<br>
<br>
<A HREF="mailto:mhawkins@eircom.net">mhawkins@eircom.net</A><br>

How much data???<br>
Simplest way<br>
Lots of data, I would use an Access database<br>
Small amounts, Text file<br>
Need some examples???<br>
<p> DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

DougP is on the mark. If you need to transfer more than 32kb of data in one operation, a connected table is the easy and fast way. If not, a Type...End Type declaration followed by a Dim of the data and a subsequent Get or Put of the array seems to handle the &quot;small amounts&quot; designation. Depending on your system, the last solution can handle several terabytes of data in a matter of seconds.<br>
But it won't correctly display a read from a Jet database. The programmer is expected to read and write using a fixed Type...End Type structure (a &quot;flat file&quot;).<br>
Ahhh, it is incredibly fast, but never expect another app to understand the structure! (Without help.)<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back