Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More than one extension on a call 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hchphoneguy

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
Short of turning off private on a line is there a way to have more than one extension have access to a call? In other words, I have a request from an office that wants to have a training call where more than one extension can have access to the call to a vendor for software training where each worker can be at their own computer and phone.

So you think they should invest on a whole new system for this issue?
We try to help and solve first here...hence the name Tek_Tips.

What system and software level do you have?

The latest has Supervisor Silent Monitoring.
You need to add the phone into a Hunt Group, transfer calls or assign lines to that Hunt Group.
Now the Supervisor phone can enter F550, password and DN of that phone to be monitored.
It's all in the System Coordinator Guide for more info.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Sorry, should have included more info to begin with. The system is a CICS 8x24 ver 6.1 (30CTE06)

Thanks curlycord for the suggestion. I did look at your suggestion in the system coordinator guide. I will talk to the office in question about details of whether this a one time event or a regular occurrence and decide which route to take from there. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back