Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More than one dialup connections for windows 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpapanto

Technical User
Feb 20, 2003
GR
I have the following situation:
A server with windows 2000, terminal services running on the server. Two dialup connections to connect to two different lans. The connection to the first lan is a simple dialup connection but to the second lan is a dialup connection with vpn. I mean I connect to the internet first and then I connect to the second lan with a vpn client.
My problem is:
When I connect to the second lan (with vpn client) I am loosing the connection to the first lan (the dialup to the first lan is still connected).
If someone needs more info please ask.
Thanks for your help in advance.

One question:
Check to see if you can ping the VPN device on LAN2, while connected to LAN1.

Possible Solution 1:
If so, then adjust your VPN connection so that it will only dial to LAN2 if the PC is offline.
*possible security risks.

Possible Solution 2:
If the previous is no good, then I would recommend for you to install an additional modem, preferably one of a different manufacturer (this way it's easier to differentiate between the two), and use one modem per LAN.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back