Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More than 8 paths needed. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnrockies

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
CA
I can split out our departments with the CCR to less than 8 with the exception of the sales department. So i have in the first menu

1 = admin
2= management
3 = sales

However, we have 20 sales people and i am trying to avoid
for a-k press 1
l-z press 2

and then have yet another menu. Can I not do something that lists their extention #'s in the CCR menu and than transfer(ie. keep it to ONE list)

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, why aren't you using the directory that's alredy in the NAM or Flash?

Are all the sales people the same level? For example, are some inside sales or outside sales? Or maybe some handle different regions? If you can somehow categorize your sales department you could create sub-menus under path 3 (paths 31, 32, 33 etc.) to go to the different sales categories. Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

when you go to set up your tree an start by assigning your menu for admin press 1, management press 2, sales press 3,

it would be normally that you would have eight paths follow these each menu's, however one could always....

when you come to record your menu path at 3-0, one would record.....you have reached our sales group, for bob sanders 223, jim nelson 226,sally barnes 224 rick jones 225,
and so on through the whole list of sales people, and then a at the end somewhere after the 20th person, please press the star key to hear this option again. I think this would work this way due to the fact the Norstar is able to trac by extension. another way that has been mentioned is by the directory, and when you set up the person's mailbox, when you record the person's name in the mailbox, have the say full name and extension number in this section.

(ie. Rick Barnes extension 225)

this will help when the salesperson gives the people his extension when they call in....Thank you for calling Tek Forums, if you know your parties extension you may dial it at any time or press pound for the company directory.....at this point input Rick's extension 225 and call is transfered.

Hope too be of help
wip

As both have mentioned above, you can dial an extension number from the main menu or any sub menu that you program. Just read off the extension numbers. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Well, I run into this very often, What you want to do is set up the menu similar to this (Requires Newer version Nam)
Main Menu For Sales Press 3.

Then Build menu 3 to say
For New Truck Sales press 1
For New Car Sales press 2
For Used Car Sales press 3
For Fleet or Commercial Accounts Press 4

And then do another sub Menu with the Names in these directories as paths

Or-

Make 3 and Menu and say the sales persons Name and extension # when done press OK.
Make pathe 33 Xfr,INT,Receptionst extension
This will allow you to save the the Tree

any questions let me know

Norstarguru
john1@refurbphones.com

One option is this:
For SALES press 1
Then..
For Bob press 1 (Path 11 Transfer)
For Tom press 2 (path 12 Transfer)
For more name press 8 (Path 18 menu)
For Joe press 1 (Path 181 transfer)
For Mary press 2 (Path 182 transfer)

This works well on a NAM where you can go 8 deep. Flash can only go 2 deep.
MikeScience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back