Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More spooler problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

taubate

Programmer
Jun 29, 2001
US
It's one thing to have the spooler crash, it's another to have it crash and a msg that says to the something to the effect of GetPrinterA can't find an entry point into Spoolss.dll.

That msg will only go away if someone is at the server console to click on "OK". RDP logins can't do that.

That msg hoses up everything.

We run win2k SP3 with 20 HP printers...LJ 4000, 4100, 4200, 2200, 1200. We also have LJ 4 and 5 drivers. Printing is done through std TCP/IP ports.

We have 3 citrix servers but this problem happens on the domain controller, not on the citrix boxes.

Thanks for shedding light!

Greetings,
Missery loves company, or at least that's how the saying goes. We have the same problem on our print server, we get the GetprinterA no entry.... error. I believe it's caused by the HP print driver, I'm opening a call with Microsoft today. I'll let you know how it goes.
Regards,

Sinkro - Thanks very much. You can reach me at taubate@yahoo.com if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back