Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More questions on Shopping carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipita

Programmer
Apr 7, 2005
US
Hi, Sorry for so many questions but this'll be my first shopping cart site and am a little lost with all the options out there and hosting companies solutions. Few questions:
1. If I go with zencart, will I be able to just put their files where my site is currently hosted and run it or will they(the hosting company) have to explicitly support it?
2. Has anyone seen any free or fairly cheap solutions with JSP support (I'm more familiar with Java and JSP and am looking to see if I can use that for the first shopping cart site.)
3. Any good hosting companies that are reliable and have the whole package - hosting, SSL certificates and Merchant accounts?
Thanks,
Dipita

[ul]
[li]ZenCart requires PHP and MySQL to be running on the server. If you have that, then ZenCart will run. You may find though that some Payment gateways require execution of a program on the server (specific example: HSBC payment gateway) and this may or may not be permitted. I think, from memory that the "standard" ones that ship with ZenCart will work with no problems though.[/li]

[li]No idea.[/li]

[li]There are many. Google around. You can run ZenCart with just PHP and MySQL. Secure servers (using shared SSL certs) are available with many reasonable sized hosts. The ZenCart forums may help with finding hosting.[/li]
[/ul]

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Toccoa Games - Day of Defeat gaming community
Target Marketing Communications - Advertising, Direct Marketing and Public Relations
"I'm making time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back