Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More Linking to PBXs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwarren

MIS
Mar 23, 2001
US
Can anyone help with this?

We are trying to link two PBXs together. They are currently linked with ds1 boards wich run to Paradyne CSU/DSUs which then connect over a T1.

We are going to be using an IP over SONET connection to connect the two sites in the near future and would like to get rid of the T1. So, I am trying to figure out the best possible way to link the two systems.
I was told that I could get TN464E ISDN PRI cards and connect them to Cisco 2600 routers. The problem is I am not sure if there is any special type of configuration needed to route voice over this type of connection.

Chris

Suggestions -

(1) Use DCS private networking and the 2 DS1s you speak of.
(2) cha udp
(3) cha aar code NNN
(4) You don't need a Cisco router unless you want to use the link for data also - Just get the telco fixed P2P link termed to a NTE/1 and link that to the DS1 via a Centronix / Amphenol connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back