Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More info re sidekick / ipaq syncronisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andybabe

Technical User
Nov 16, 2004
GB
My issue is one of how to load and set up sidekick and trusync on my new computer. Sidekick is on and working fine, truesyn is not. I dont think I have the truesyn for winCE upgrade.

I cant remember what I loaded and how I loaded it on my old computer back in 2000, but I did add on a winCE bit of software at the time

I have the system fully working on my old computer. Is there a way of just transfering the old files across to my new computer? Ive tried but it hasn't worked. How would you go about doing this?

If I have to reload everything then I have: sidekick98 CD, TrueSync Desktop & TrueSync plus for rex pro CD. but I don’t have the windows CE bit. I purchased this and downloaded back in 2000. (at present the computer is looking for a rexpro rather than win CE device.

I also have Active sync, most resent version now on the new computer and syncing fine with ipaq. (files etc but not diary, because it will communicate with outlook diary and not sidekick)

On my old computer, when I truesync my sidekick diary on desk top computer with the ipaq, the red and white truesync circle comes up with sidekick on one side and windows CE on the other. I click on red and white synchronise circle and off it goes!

I think I need this bit of CE software I downloaded in 2000. I know it exists but have not seen anyone refer to it on the web. Its on my old computer but where on the hard drive it is or how I transfer it I don’t know.

Any ideas on what I can try would be appreciated

Andy Newman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back