Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More GP's Woes - ver 5.5 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2002
CA
Hi All

I took the advice of one of your replies and tried to port my GreatPlains to a new server but to no avail. I got as far as running the GP Utilities to load the new code and it hangs. I thne decied to copy everything from a working client system to the new client I installed for testing and I got a bit further. It actually started the utilities but then asked me for the translation location ID. When I select the path (which is correct) it hangs once again. Now...because the two servers have completely different names, I'm wondering if I completely clone these two pc's and give the new one an identical server name...would I then be able to simply run on the new server? This is the last thing I can think of trying.

Any other ideas from anyone would be helpful. I'm simply trying to port everything from an old GP server system over to a new machine (newer faster hardware etc.). I will keep all of the same names and netwrok shares.

Thanks

P'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back