Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

more crosstab problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretaD

Programmer
Mar 7, 2006
NO
Hi,
Still using CR XI and Oracle database.

I posted a thread earlier today, found out some of that myself, but encountered more crosstab problems...

Here is what the crosstab should look like (in design mode)
the lines here should represent single lines size hairline.
------------------------------------------------------
Header {Year} |GCV label
qty label ({Unit}) |({gcvunit})
--------------------------------------------|
Month label |{seller} total|
-------------------------------------------------------
{month} | {qty} {sum qty}|{sum gcv}
Total | {sum qty} {sum qty}|
off-spec | {sum off-spec} {sum off-spec}|

My problems are:
1. How do I get a line around the Month label?- I tried adding a text object and put a line around that but I could not get this line to be "hairline" like the other lines of the report.
2. How do I get the top headers (the one with year and unit in them) and can I put the database fields year and unit inside the label like normal text objects? - I can make a textobject here too, but it will not grow with the crosstab, so the lines will not fit..
3. How do I get the GCV column per month to stay beside the other totals (when the off-spec should be beneath)

Couldn't find any of these answers in the user guide, so hopefully you guys are more experienced than me with crosstabs and CR :)

Thanks for any help!

Greta

For the GCV label, in the customize style tab where you chose the horizontal layout, you can check "show summary labels". Then suppress the ones you don't want displayed. For the row and column labels, you could consider a different approach. Create two formulas, one for each, like:

whilereadingrecords;
"Months"

Add this as another row field in the crosstab, and drag it so that it becomes the highest order row. Repeat for the column label.

I didn't follow your last concern--maybe show sample data.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back