Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More control over application...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpk2006

Technical User
Apr 24, 2002
IN
I want to make my VB.NET customisable such that major tasks of Forms can be emailed as patches. For this I want to write separate components, DLLs or something, which can be used for the job.
Please suggest any better approach so that application speed is not much compromised while accessing these components.

Before developing, i mean writing code, split the app into small modules. Maybe you can create many projects in the solution. Compliling it, the result will be 1 or more exes, dlls etc. Also for some tasks you can write console apps to call from the main app.. (there might be some arguments passed.)
For example, if there is a bug at a function or the returning result is not the expected, you can email a patch... an exe file. It can be a console app that has embedded a dll to extract and overwrite the old one. You may ask me why i said function and dll... Simply because you can write all your functions in a class module like this:
Public Shared <name>('args?) As Something
' code here
End Function

etc
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back