Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More CCVP confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchyhippo

Technical User
Sep 20, 2007
US
Ok, I was under the assumption that if you were going the VP track that included Gwgk, then there would be 6 tests to take: CVoice, Gwgk, CIPT 4.1, TUC, QoS, and lastly CCNA-Voice. Once done, you would be CCVP certified.

However, I coworker just told me that if you took CVoice 6.0 back before CCNA-Voice came out, you didn't have to take CCNA-Voice at all! It could be left out, meaning only 5 tests to have to pass! Is this correct?

If you take all the necessary tests (regardless of track) before June 24, the CCNA Voice is not required. After June 24, you will need to have completed the CCNA voice as well as all the necessary tests.

Check out this Cisco Web site.

The last question regarding C-Voice 5.0 is very interesting.
I have already passed three exams (C-Voice 5.0, GW/GK, and CIPT). The latest release also states that the 4.1 track is nearing end of life as of Dec 31, 2009. You must have CIPT and GW/GK passed before that due date to be grandfathered in.

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Yeah, co-worker and I were just reading that. He's pretty excited because he passed the Cvoice5 last summer, and sounds like he won't have to do the CCNA Voice.

I've been working on CVoice6, but am thinking I'm going to hold off on my next attempt until after June 24 so I don't have to take the CCNA Voice too.

From a man in the know:
"If you already have your traditional CCNA (based on ICND1 and ICND2), and you pass the CVOICE 6.0 exam prior to June 24th, you will automatically be recognized as a Voice CCNA. In a meeting I attended, Cisco said it might take eight weeks to get the paperwork out, but they do have records which indicate who has met both criteria."

--Kevin Wallace.

If you've taken CVoice 642-432 (as I have), you don't have to take the CCNA-Voice test. This only applies to those taking the 642-436 CVoice test, which is newer.

So I only have to take and pass five tests total. I don't believe the 642-432 is available anymore, though.

Nope, 642-432 is no longer available, Was dropped around December I believe.

The nice part is that by taking the 642-436 you will get the CCNA-Voice as well, so it's one less test to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back