Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

more browsers problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sistamulan

Technical User
Dec 21, 2001
MO
i wanted to set browser in a fixed size and if i maximize the browser the image should be centered, so i used this code:

<script LANGUAGE=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
//<!--

function openWin(url){
aWindow = window.open(url,&quot;images/aboutchbg.jpg&quot;,&quot;width=800,height=594,resizable=1,scrollbars=1&quot;);
aWindow.location.href = url;
if (aWindow.opener == null) aWindow.opener = window;
}

//-->
</script>

but when previewing in NS4.7 and NS6, it still flush to the left and the table (centerized) shifts also.

can anyone help?

many thanks!

sistamulan

Hello sistamulan!

Why do you decided to use JavaScript while using basic HTML you can get the same result???

And in your code I don't see anything that can center an image... It only opens new window...

If you need to center image put it inside table and align there. Write what you really need to do with image and I'll give you some examples. Good Luck! :)

dear eugene,
thanks for your reply! i've gotten that code from a friend of mine when i asked for help and that's what he gave me.

1. i want to place an image as a background on that page(w/o tiling and not showing the b/g color) and have the buttons and text in the table, and wanting them to align in a certain way to match the b/g image.
i've tried this:

<STYLE TYPE=&quot;text/css&quot;>

<!--

BODY { background-image: url(images/aboutchbg.jpg) }

BODY { background-repeat: no-repeat }

BODY { background-position: center }

-->

</STYLE> this works great with IE5 but in NS4.7 & 6 it's still flushing to left. and while i'm working on it the table needs to shift way up before it looks right in one browser. i even tried using nested tables, and it works great with IE but in NS the table that contains that b/g image will tile in each box.

they're never the same between those 3 browsers i previewed on, which i know it's a known problem but i've seen so many sites that don't have this problem and i believe there must be a way to fix it.

2. and to have all windows open in a restricted size that show only the image so that the end-user cannot drag the browser window.

i really appreciate your help!!!

many many thanks!

peace

sistamulan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back