Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monthly Comparison Chart Showing Two Years 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

minifelt

MIS
Jun 5, 2007
US
Hello,
Please show me how to create a bar chart showing a month to month comparison of sales data for a given period of time. The x-axis is Month of sales, y-axis is sales dollars. The chart must two bars for each month comparing two years. For example, Jan-06 vs Jan-07, Feb-06 vs. Feb-07, Mar-07 vs Mar-07 and so on.
Thank you much for your help.

Create two formulas:

//{@month}:
monthname(month({table.date}),true)

//{@year}:
year({table.date})

Add {@month} as your first "on change of" field, and while it is selected, go to 'order' and choose "specified order". Add each monthname in the correct order. Then add {@year} as the second on change of field. This will result in like months being clustered together. You could create a formula that concatenates the month and year, but then you would have to order all values and the months would not cluster.

Note that you are in the wrong forum. In the future, please try either forum149 or forum767.

-LB

Thank you much LB. You have always provided very good solutions to all my questions as well as to other postings that I have used. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back