Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

month to date and year to date using the distributeing expert 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejo

Technical User
Apr 5, 2001
NO
I do have the following problem.
I use CR 8.0 to make report for our costumers from a MS SQL server using the SQL connection in CR. Today I use the distribution expert to distribute the report to our costumers. The problem I have is that I want to use the function year to date and month to date to get to columns in the report but my costumers are not able to set the print date when they are running the report from the distribution expert.

What I realy want to do is have a report looking something like this:

Sale Period This year
(2001-10-01 to 2001-10-31) (to the end of the per)

Cars 10000,- 110000,-
Bikes 500,- 6000,-

Is it another way to do this then using the month to date and year to date function? My costumers need to be able to select the period the want the report for.
Is it also a better way to distribute the report to my costumers? They are small companies and do not have their own web server.

Espen J. Olsen

Hi!
Have you set any parameters for your customers to select from?
If you haven't then maybe you should set a parameter called "Period". When the report is run the customer will be prompted to select the period for which they want their data.
If you need help doing this, please let me know.
Kind regards,
Justine.

Thanks for your answer Justine!

I think I will need some help to set a parameter. I use to let my costumers select some parameters, but I can not se how I can do this here. If they want to run the report in October and se the result for August and for the hole year up to the end of August. How can I do that?

Espen

Agree with the parameter option. If you don't know how to create parameters then RTFM. Make sure when you create the parameter, that you set the data type to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back