Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Month numbers different on report than in Crystal SQL - 65536

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshaPav

Programmer
Jun 25, 2001
US
I have CR 8.0 that I am using the SQL Designer with. I am accessing an SQL (Great Plains) database that has account number, year, period (month), amounts. I built a query in the SQL designer and it looks fine, the months are 1 through 12. When I export it to Excel, it is fine. When I use the query in my Crystal Report, some of the months have 65536 added to or subtracted from them. Maybe 5% of the months are funny like that. Instead of 1 for the period, it will have 65537. It does this with no pattern for all the numbers 1 through 12. As an old mainframe programmer, this number rings many bells, but I can't figure out why it would appear here. Any ideas?

SQL Designer is no longer supported nor used with advanced versions of Crystal, so I suggest that you avoid using it. It was a horrible idea, and proprietary. If possible build Views on the database, or even consider using MS Access to LINK to the data, and then create an Access Query as the source for the Crystal Report. Faster, more relaible, and it promotes reusability and simplifies maintenance.

The fact that the export looks fine suggests that it's something in your Crystal viewer (seems odd), make sure that you have the latest service packs, not sure where you get them for CR 8, it's no longer supported (perhaps CR 8.5 works, dunno).

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back