Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

monitoring windows services

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMc5150

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2004
GB
Hi All

Using OVO for unix, we are now starting to deploy agents and manage our windows NT and windows 200 servers. I'm trying to find out if anyone has developed a script that basically monitors services installed, and reports on a status change of the services, Alerts are then generated into OVO should a service fail. Any pointers around this subject would be really appreciated.

regards

WMc

I’m working on this too. I have found you have to install SNMP on the workstations/servers you want to watch and then run command “evntwin” on the server or work station and configure events to translate into traps. Read the help file provided by Windows “Evntcmd”. Identify the services by what Event log (Application/Security/System) the message or error will land on and hunt it down. Like I said I’m working on it and am not an expert. If you come up with any tips or if any reader has any I’d like to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back