Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring EMC CX300

Status
Not open for further replies.

timwescott

Technical User
Oct 22, 2001
GB
Hello

I'm new to the EMC CX300, but have just had a crash course due to a major problem.

Anyway, my question is, can the CX300's be monitored for disk failures, etc, either by the unit sending out log files and error messages via email?

I read that the 'onalert' option from the NAVICLI command line would work, but I can't see this as an option.

The 'flare' release code for the CX300's is Rel 13.

Thanks
Tim

The Enterprise version of Navisphere apparently comes with a monitoring utility. Not sure if it's available separately (new to SANs myself and our first one is still being set-up).

yes, go to the monitors tab and select templates, right click it and select "create new template", configure the email portion of the template. it's really pedantic as regards the email address lines, if you want to use more than 1 to or cc address then they must be seperated by a "comma & space" or it won't send.
when you put the smtp server address in use the IP. save the template then expand each storage processor shown in the monitors tab and right click, select "monitor using" and select your template from the drop down.

Thanks for the information. I now have a template applied, but have another issue.

Both CX300's are on a storage lan, x.x.201.x, and the SMTP server is on a public lan, x.x.200.x, but currently they don't 'talk' to each other.

Is there a way of adding a route or amending a host file on the CX300 through NaviSphere so it knows how to route to the mail server? (Posted this before I look indepth on the CX300)

Any other suggestions on how to get this working if none of the above will work?

Thanks
Tim

is there a reason why the CX300 is on the Backup LAN? the IP is purely for management purposes and nothing else. There is no where to put routing information on the clariion unfortunately.

Connect to CX-spa with On the top of the page you will be able to enter the ip-address of the default-ip-gateway. Also check CX-spb.

If the address of the gateway is appropriate, the gateway will route ip. Can you ping the CX from your smtp-host? If yes, is there a firewall between CX and smtp-host? If no firewall, check the logs of the smtp-host.

The smtp-host must be entered in the template as triple-dotted-notation, not as DNS-hostname.

Try entering only one reciepient. If that works, check syntax with comma, semicolon, space etc.

RWBK10 - I can't see the location you are refering to for the Default-IP-Gateway. Please can you be more specific.

We are using Navisphere 6.6.0.3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back