Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MONITORING COMMAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovebrd

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2000
US
Does any one know of a command or utility that I can run that will show me what commands or proccess are being executed on each tty. I am looking for detailed information.<br><br>It would be helpful if I could see what commands are bing executed. <br><br>I currently use the w command. It works some what.<br><br>Any ideas ?<br><br><br><br> <p>-Danny<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

look at man ps.&nbsp;&nbsp;start with ps -e.&nbsp;&nbsp;next would be ps -t ttyxx <p>Ed Fair<br><a href=mailto: efair@atlnet.com> efair@atlnet.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. <br>
Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.<br>

try whodo and see if it helps <p>Ed Fair<br><a href=mailto: efair@atlnet.com> efair@atlnet.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. <br>
Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back