Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring calls for 'quality assurance' 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello,

What additional hardware/equipment do I need in order to have our phone system (S8400) to be capable of monitoring calls for 'quality assurance' as you hear in some places advertised. Any idea or advise?

Thanks in advance!

What are those?, brands for recording equipment?

Thanks!

They are the top 2 call recording solution vendors. Both work with the Avaya system.

Witness is now part of Verint. I would suggest that you contact your Avaya rep or business partner, as this can be quite complex.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

You can do Service Observing without any additional hardware. An authorized station can dial the feature code followed by the extension to be observed and listen to the conversation.

Both NICE & Witness provide ways to automate & archive the observations. They require additional hardware & software.

Kevin

4merAvaya

Are you willing to explain step by step how does service observing works and how to configure it?.. thanks again!

Look in your Administrator Guide or Call Center ACD Guide for either "Observing Calls" or "Service Observe".

Susan

The Service Observe codes are administered on the features forms in the call center section. There are two options: Listen-Only & Listen/Talk. I think you want Listen-Only. You have to define a feature code there.

Next you have to define who and observe and who can be observed. This is defined by the Class of Restriction (COR).

A detailed description of the Service Observe feature begins on page 1491 of the attached link.

Kevin

4merAvaya

Thanks for the information 'link' ... maybe I missed something in the documentation but.. can I record the conversations with the service observe funtionality?

Thanks!

No. This is a listen only application. As previously stated, you would need an external adjunct to schedule, capture, & archive call recordings.

Kevin

What we've done to save costs is to use a Plantronics adapter connected to a phone that uses the Service Observe code to monitor a VDN and hook that adapter up to a PC that uses just regular recording software (Audacity) to record random VDN calls for an entire day. It's not slick, but it does work. You could also use this method to record an individual agent for a set period.

Thanks to all of you for your help. 4merAvaya, the link you posted is absolutely helpful.

I have a question... what model of 'digital' phone support the 'serv-obsrv' button?, when I try to assign that button to the phones, it's only avaliable for IP phones but not for digital phones such as 8410D. I need to use the service observing feature in a system with no IP phones.

Any idea or advise?

Thanks again!

We use Service Observe (serv-obsrv) on 64xx digital sets (6408D+M, 6416D+M, and 6424D+M).

Susan

Susan,

Thanks for replying to my question. It's interesting since I have some 6408D+ in place and they do not show up the option for ' serv-obsrv' button.

Thanks!

Check the system-parameters customer features (disp sys cust) and see if Service Observing is turned on. Mine is on page 6; Call Center Optional Features.

Susan

It has to be one of the main 8 buttons, not a soft key button.

This is the second post I have seen where Nice and Verint are the only two service providers mentioned. I would go with SmartRecord. The overhead is much lower...that is if all you try from above doesn't work.

Verint/Witness and Nice are the two primary call recording vendors but there are several others out there. You may want to do some research at devconnect.avaya.com.

You haven't stated what your purpose for recording the calls are for. For Malicious Calls there is Malicious Call Trace which can be put in for very little. There is also audix-on-step recording which can also be used with MM.

For any significant volume a full blown call recording solution would be necessary. Get a clear picture of what you want. Things like playback, search, analytics, volume of call storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back