Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring an station

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpegote

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2001
ES
I've got two users on my Definity system who have reported me that when they press their password to enter into his AUDIX account the system gives them an "incorrect system acces" message.
I'm quite sure they are introducing incorrectly their password but I have to dimonstrate my theory.
My question is: Is there, on Definity Systems, a method or some way to monitor an station up to the point of being able to know exactly all the keys that user dials?

Hi
If the software version is R8 or above try:

list trace monitor station xxxxxx

use

list trace prev

to reiew the trace you just took.. this is a really useful command which I use a lot.

This should show you what the user is dialing id the sofware is older check the Audix subscriber mailbox to see if the mail box is locked page 1 top right corner.

Good luck Cheers PBX

Thanks a lot PBX, but my system's software release is 6. I'll check de Audix subscriber mailbox but I don't think this option has been locked.

Thank you anyhow.

Login into the Audix and use the command "disp act {subscriber Ext #}, or you could alos use the "dsiplay admin" command to see additional informaiton. It could provide some insight as to what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Chris

Hello
You can also try the Audix system monitor, this will show you what the user is dialing.

INTUITY (TM) Main Menu

ASG Security Administration
AUDIX Administration
Customer/Services Administration
Feature Options
Internet Messaging Administration
Networking Administration
Software Management
Switch Interface Administration
System Upgrade
TCP/IP Administration
Unix Management
Voice System Administration<--------Select this menu

INTUITY (TM) Main Menu

Voice System Administration

Number Services
System Monitor<---------Select this menu
Transfer Security
Voice Equipment

Then you see

l System Monitor - Voice Channels k
x Calls Voice Service Caller Dialedx
xChannel Today Service Status Input Digitsx
xqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqx
x 12 98 *On Hook x
x 13 100 *On Hook x
x 14 99 AUDIX Talking 22287#XXXXXXX20 x
x 15 98 *On Hook -
x 16 98 *On Hook
x 17 98 *On Hook .
x 18 99 *On Hook x
x 19 101 *On Hook x
x 20 99 *On Hook x
x 21 98 *On Hook x
x 22 94 *On Hook x
x 23 98 *On Hook x
mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

Might give you a better indication of what is going on.

Good luck

Cheers PBX

The problem with the system monitor is it will x out the password If you use CDR software you can see the exact digets dialed. José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Just a wild guess but you may probably check that the users are entering the password rightly.
The dial ahead feature works fine but sometimes if you don't give a pause between the ext. & password, System won't recognise the password correctly.... to check this....You may stand with the user & confirm that they are entering the digits correctly.... I myself have faced this situation at one of a customer location, I thought it might help you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back