Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

micker377

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
I don't know if this should be in "video", or "hardware".
Anyway, I recently acquired a Samsung SyncMaster SA750. No power supply. I got the proper P.S. from Amazon, but the unit remains dead! According to the docs from Samsung, a control panel is supposed to appear in the base, to set it up. Nothing. Has anyone out there have any experience with this type of unit?
It was $800 when new - but all I have in it is $10.00 for the power supply!!!
Thanks!

Does the power light on the monitor come on? If so it could be that the backlight has died, otherwise it could be anything - it could be properly dead in a number of different ways. I'd take it to a repair shop and get a quote.

Nelviticus

No power light - nothing. The "brick" has a LED to show that it is connected. Indicator light on monitor is dead.
I was looking to fix it myself - it is a "freebie" so I didn't want to put any money into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back