Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor trunks via email

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdo2

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
Hi,

I was experimenting with the "Monitor Trunks" part of the DSA to setup an email alert to my pager. The only problem is....I have to have an open connection to the switch and my email client open in order for it to work. Is there any way to receive alerts via email without leaving everything on?

Thanks,

Carolyn

Not with DSA. It requires you to have an open connection to run scheduled programs.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

You say "not with DSA." Does this mean there is another way to do it? I would be interested in knowing if so......

Thanks, Carolyn

There is no package that I am aware that is written to do this specific task thats not to expensive. You could write a program, or a script, to do it using various tools.

One you might want to try is ATE (Avaya Terminal Emulator). It comes with the DSA 1.10 disk. ATE allows you to run scripts. Use the windows scheduler to run the ATE script file at the time you wish and you should be in business.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have tried to find the ATE disk but to no avail, can I download it off Avaya's website?

Carolyn,

If you have to leave something logged in, or create a script that logs in periodically, create an account that only has privileges to perform this monitoring. That way, if someone does happen to see the login and password in the script, the most that they can do is run the report.

mgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back