Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
We've got a mess of DL380 G5's - is there a way to view the temperature of the server?

If I'm reading this right from HP, it's something we have to purchase so we can view this....is this right?

tHERE SHOULD BE FREE UTILITIES OUT THERE...i WILL LOOK LATER. sorry for the caps...lol

Burt

Are you using Insight Manager? There is a place on the System's Manager Home Page on the server where it tells you the temertaure status. I belive if you set up the server with the HP Disk, it should have loaded the proper agents to monitor this.

Well, I definitely used the HP disk to setup the server, so I know it ran through that. However, I don't see the Insight Manager, only thing I can tell that's there is the Array Configuration utilities..

I do see an HP Insight Diagnostics... ran that, but that doesn't show the temp. I'll try and find the HP Insight Manager..

I think if you can locate your disks that came with the server, there should be an HP Management Disk. From there you should be able to install the System Management Homepage which is the management page for the local server.

Insight Manager is actually an Enterprise software that allows you to monitor all your servers from a central web page. It is quite a complex setup and requires much reading and planning. I'm still learning it.

I would start with the Local Home Page and see if you can get that to give you the information you are looking for.

If you have got the System Management homepage installed, you can access it by going to or IP>:2381

The Insight Manager console/webpage is not too hard to setup providing you have the Proliant Support Pack installed on your servers (should be installed as standard if you followed the SmartStart installation). Get a test server or workstation and try it...

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

For those of you guys that have the Insight Manager & Home Page running, can you see the temperature's of the servers its running on?

I've got them both running now, on a DL380 G5, and I can see pretty much everything but temperature.

Yes - on the homepage there should be a System area. Under System, there should be a Heating and Cooling section. If it's not there, you may need the latest Support Pack and Agents, which I believe you can download from the HP site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back