Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MONITOR RESOLUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelos

MIS
Apr 12, 2000
MX
I WAS MODIFYING THE SCREEN RESOLUTION ON MY W98 PC FROM 800 X 600 TO 1024 X 768 AND I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE FROM MY MONITOR READING : "FREQUENCY OUT OF RANGE". I IMAGINE MY WIMPY MONITOR CAN'T HANDLE THAT KIND OF RESOLUTION SO I'M WONDERING: HOW CAN I SWITCH BACK TO 800X600 WITHOUT RE-INSTALLING W98?, SINCE I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING IN WINDOWS ANYMORE. (ONLY IN MS-DOS). THANKS.

Whoa... Lose the caps...and while you are at it, burn the caps lock key off your keyboard :). When your computer is restarting continually press the F8 key. Choose to boot into safe mode. Once in safe mode your resolution will be set lower but you may not have the option to change it. Change you color depth and resoultion (if the slider will move ) click apply, then ok. Then restart. It should be back to normal.

If you have the right driver for your monitor, you cant set the frequencies out of range. Find and install the correct drivers. You can burn your monitor up running the
Freq too high. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

ceh4702 : just one remark (no offense). As he said that he got a "FREQUENCY OUT OF RANGE" message from the Monitor, it won't hamr the screen, as the screen protect himself... if the screen remains BLACK, then ok, the screen would start to get a smoker after while.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back