Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor resolution problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toraz

Technical User
Jan 31, 2002
DE
Hi,
I've just bought a new 19" monitor after using a trusty old 15" for a good few years.
Problem is everything is fine upto 1024x768..
when i try to go higher the desktop picture becomes really large and the desktop scrolls when i move the mouse to the edge of the screen.(picture becomes to big for the screen in games also)
Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
I'm using XP and i removed the old monitor in hardware setup before i booted with this one..

Check the refresh rate to make sure it's not set too high or too low (manually set it at 75Hz).

If that's not the problem, try changing the type of monitor to something like "Default Monitor" or "Plug & Play".

Other than that, the only other thing it could be is the video adapter driver. Make sure your on the latest for your video card and that it supports high resolutions.
~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back