Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

monitor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron866

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
CA
Hello to all and thanks in advance.I have a problem that happens 3 to 4 times a week and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.My monitor will change color.What happens is that if you are in a folder,onthe web whatever the whole monitor will go from a white background to an off white color.If you watch it you can see it change color nothing drastic but very noticable.I then shut down unhook the monitor from the video card blow out the connectors and whalla evey thing is just fine.Do you think it is the monitor or the video card.Am running riva tnt2 32meg latest driver.card is about 2yrs old.[gorgeous]

It sounds like a connection problem. Monitor cable could be bad.

have to agree there, sounds like a connection problem. unless you have your machine in the dump, or my bed room. you shouldn't havee to blow out the connection. sounds like lots of dirt or a bad caable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back