Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor our call center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3lvin

Technical User
Jan 13, 2008
GB
Is there anyway that when people send personal emails they can automatically bcc to somebody?

I see 2 solutions to that :

1) create an agent that you name "New Personal Mail" that creates a new memo and fills in the BCC field

2) use the Designer to create a new Memo type named "Personal Mail" with the alias "Memo" and place code in the BCC field to retrieve the proper values from somewhere

The first one is easier since it requires less of a technical outlay, but will have to be reproduced on each mailbox where it is to be used.

The second solution is harder to implement, but can be rolled out to all users easily, or to a group of users with a bit of fiddling database properties.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

One more thing : neither solution will work if the user sends private mail with the normal New Memo button. That means that this "solution" only works with the active support from those you wish to monitor.

If you want covert surveillance, then you're in an entirely different ball game.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Why not enable journaling (if you have the storage, that is). I use it to populate a message vault used during legal discovery processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back