Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor loses input intermitantly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondends

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
GB
Monitor loses input intermittently…

I am having an issue with the graphic output on my machine - the problem is intermittent with no pattern to it occurring. Whilst the machine is booted up the monitor just goes blank with a message saying lost input. I have replaced the graphics card and have just completed a fresh installation of XP and still the input to the monitor is lost every now and then.

My questions is :

What else could be causing this to occur? I have swapped out the graphics card and that hasn't done anything.

Any help here will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

blondends
If you already changed the graphics card and re-installed XP then it certainly sounds like the monitor is at fault.

Perhaps if you could loan a monitor? this would give you conclusive evidence either way.

I recently repaired a HP 17inch TFT with a known batch fault, doing exactly what you describe.

Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Thanks for the advice - I might have a look then for some known issues with my monitor type (LG1715S 17" TFT).

Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back