Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadedred

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2002
US
Howdy,
I have a Samtron 7c and it left and right edge of the montor flickers or blinks.. :) What do I need to do to fix this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Caleb

If possible:

1) Try the Samtron monitor on another PC

2) Try another monitor on this pc

3) Check to make sure the cable is securely connected

It's possible that the monitor cable has gone bad. Most OEM monitors don't allow you to replace this cable very easily. You'll want to contact a local dealer or the vendor's website for assistance if that's the case...

~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

Also possible that your monitor is picking up interferance from something. It can even happen if your monitor cable is running over/around power cords, etc. You don't see it often, but it can happen!

As cdogg suggests, try swapping monitors around and post the results back. There are other things that it can be also, and he has you on the right track. Mudskipper
___________________________________________________________________________________

Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this! Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

You also might want to make sure that your speakers are
not to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back