Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

monitor filesystems

Status
Not open for further replies.

glj

MIS
Nov 30, 2000
CH
Hello Everybody
I would like to monitor cpu, filesystems, paging space etc. with thresholds.
Is there a tool for AIX 5.2 available ?
Is bigssiter a good idea ?
Are there any other tools ?
Thanks a lot
glj

You can also use uptime. We use it and the dba's love it for trouble shooting. It also help with Sarban oxley compliance. We generate reports monthly from it with system stats and other info.

BMC Patrol = $$
Never used Tivoli for monitoring - just Storage Manager.
Big Brother will watch CPU, Disk, etc., but not in detail.
top, vmstat, iostat, ps, topas

I use Big Brother. It does a "fair" job. It doesn't have anything exceptional for cpu, but it can do the trick

Nmon rocks.. doesn't monitor for thresholds but still rocks. I use Argent Guardian for the monitoring. It is not agent based like BMC. Its cheaper then BMC or Tivoli... (or was). You get a ton of monitors with it but the cool part is that if you can script it in any type of shell script then you can monitor the threshold.

TCorum

Eh, well, what about AiX Resource Monitor? Isn't it just designed to monitor some tresholds? And it is supplied with the OS.

--Trifo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back