Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor Display off Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

manharris

Technical User
Dec 23, 2001
CA
I just bought a new monitor. An NEC multiSync E700. It seems whenever I turn my computer on I always have to adjust the screen to centre. Does anyone know why this happens? Should I return the monitor for another?

Thanks

I am not familiar with your particular monitor, but check out the controls. Having adjusted the picture to fit the mask, you may have to tell it to save the settings before exitting from the monitor setup menu. Did the monitor include a setup floppy disk? Might be worth running this through...

Also, some video cards have built-in facilities for adjusting picture centring - goto SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, DISPLAY, and check out the tabs for one that might give you additional settings.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Be sure that your adapter's refresh rate is set to at least 75Hz and preferably 85Hz. Also check that your monitor is defined in the Display panel.

I can't think of anything else right off. Let me know if this helps.

Yeah I installed the newest drivers forom the NEC website and it seems to be great now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back