Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggar

Technical User
Apr 2, 2002
US
I have a fpd1500 gateway lcd monitor, it has a 20 pin DFP connector.

I just purchased a Dell 4600 system. The monitor was always working fine so I bought a video card that has a DVI & VGA connector and then purchased a DFP to DVI adapter.

After placing the video card in the dell and setting the video bios to auto it all worked great. Everything continued to work fine for a couple of days.

Now the monitor is dark. If I look closely at the monitor I can barely see Windows XP. I hooked another LCD to the vga side of the installed video card and it worked fine. I reconnected the Gateway monitor and it is very very dark.

Any ideas as to why this monitor may be dark? Could it be possible that it just died? But it would be unusual for it to go all dark like this, no?

I also tried adjusting the brightness and contrast and have them all the way up, but no difference, and checked the pins to see if any were bent but they weren't.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back