Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor black

Status
Not open for further replies.

olavolsen

Technical User
Oct 1, 2007
NO
When importing an avi into Premiere, the sound is ok but the right monitor is black.
The avi is ok when played in windows media player.

Not enough info to diagnose.

Which version of Premiere?

What type of file (DV, MPEG etc)?

Anything special about your setup (capture card etc)?

What output settings are you using (eg is output being sent to an external device)?

Adobe Premiere Pro v- 7.0
What I want to do,-
I have a DVD from a seminar i USA I want to edit.
I tried renaming .vob to .mpg and imported it into Premiere.Audio and video ok and video showed in monitor.
BUT, audio did not sync.
I then tried DVD Encrypter and AutoGK to get a AVI which I imported into Premiere.
BUT, now I have a black monitor.
Output: Composite.
Anu idea?

There is more to AVI than AVI. You need to use a CODEC that is recognised by Premiere.

Suggest you convert your MPEG into Type 2 DV AVI. If the source is NTSC and you are using PAL, you will need to convert formats, too.

If your present software can't do this, you might be able to do it with the free Virtual Dub.

I use Canopus ProCoder and haven't tried the others.

Thanks!
Good to have people that knows how this works

I've had better luck with premiere renaming to .mpeg instead of .mpg. Not sure why, but seems to be the best with my Premiere Pro 2 and CS3 machines..

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back