Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor Alerts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacksack

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
CA
I have no idea were to post this so i thought i would start with you guys and perhaps someone can direct me in the right direction.

Im looking for software that will monitor our internet connectivity, ping our gateways and if there is a problem the software sends an alert to an email address which gets forwarded to my cell phone? So I would get the alert seconds after it happened rather than finding out 10 mins later from a user. I would also like it to keep some type of log so i can show our provide.

Thanks a lot guys and Im sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Zack

I am sure there are free ones out there... Sorry I don't have any off the top of my head.
But depending how much you want to spend the one that we use is SiteScope. it costs money but I also do not have a price. I wish I did, but I didn't buy it. I just use it. It will monitor just about everything and then if it can't you can write scripts that return values to it.

I know it isn't a whole lot of info but it is a place to start.

good luck,

-Matt

P.S. sitescope offeres a free trial.

Check out this one. I've not used it myself but it looks good.

There used to be a tool that would do this from the IIS resource kit back in the NT4 days if I recall correctly.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks a lot guys I will try all of your suggestions.

I really appreciate it

Zack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back