Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor a specific user, how do I do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianbla

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2001
GB
My boss has just had a word with me and asked if I could monitor a specific user, see what files he accesses and what he generaly doing, is this possible to set up?

I think this guy is getting the push soon so they want to check on what he accesses.

cheers
IAn.

For files, you can enable auditing policies on the domain, then set up auditing on the file servers this user accesses, adding his ID as an object that should be tracked. If you're looking to do internet also, you'll need to set up some kind of logging on your firewall, or get a proxy server. Of course, there's also those 3rd party spyware programs out there...

You can try any type of remote control software (Dameware, Mcafee or anything else), and you will be able to "see" what any user is doing all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back