Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moinitoing individual Shared Files in Corporate Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricolame

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2005
CN
Hi guys,

Not sure if it is the appropriate site, but dealing with IT and monitoring ethics.. so here it is..

Have anyone monitored the shared folders of the terminals in your corporate network ?

Recent complaints of games, 'illegal' files being shared by individulas have put us another challenge.

Are anyone aware of any such software that can scan all terminals in a corporate network on shared folders, and allowing admin staff to periodically scan for files with speicific keywords?

Looking forward to any likely tips, advises . Thanks!

LANDesk has those capabilities. That's what we use. I'm not in the networking side so I don't use it for those purposes, but I know it does.

Leslie

Anything worth doing is a lot more difficult than it's worth - Unknown Induhvidual

Essential reading for anyone working with databases:
The Fundamentals of Relational Database Design
Understanding SQL Joi

I personally go through about once every 4-6 mos and clean up any personal or non-work related files.

I do back them up to a DVD incase there were photos of someone's wedding or something.

We also include the use of company shares in our Computer use Policy by stating that the folders are for company use only and that any personal files will be removed.

Hi,

How do u delete personal files if you are not given access to ?

Do you make use of any software to assist in your scanning ?

Anyone else have any similar freewares that can assist in scanning company shared files ?

With regards,

Admin staff should have rights to delete files from a shared drive.

The answer is "42"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back