Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombOne

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2007
US
What do people use for MOH, I come from the Nortel BCM world, so I just import a wav file. Now I have 30 locations i am puting ShoreTel in, and cant find a good solution, it woul dbe nice to be able to remotely change the music if I need to. I have one that I tried so far, but you have to have a phone line connected to it, and dial into it. I dont like it.

At the moment you have to have something with a stereo jack connected to your Shoregear switch and I believe it's a per site restriction since MOH won't go over the WAN. I know that in R13.1 they are going to have file based MOH which will make it much easier to administer. One caveat to R13.1 is you have to be on 2008 server, 2003 server will no longer be supported.

Many of my clients currently record a file (MP3, usually) and copy that file to a computer on each site - lots of maintenance to change it if you're running it on 30 sites, but one solution is to have that file in a central location and map it to each computer to "stream" it, but each site does, as atascoman posted, require it's own MOH defined switch. Changing it will still be a pain however! Another more expensive option would be an Airplay, cloud based type solution - unfortunately I have yet to master this where I didnt have to "intervene" some...

Would love to hear if you come up with a good solution, I'll be following this post!

~Jeff

Take a look at Premier Technologies. The website is premtech.com. You can upload via Ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back