Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2004
IN
Hi,

I am having to provide 8 different music on hold for my business process...
Currently I am having 6 players and it is becoming a Nightmare to manage them...does anyone know of a simpler solution of connecting 8 or more MOH sources and is easier to manage...please let me know..

Hi,

You could look at using solid state MP3 players (no moving parts = less likely to fail) as these are now very cost effective at about £10 per unit, plus mains transformers.

Alternatively, if you wish to be able to remote manage them, then you could look at a multi-zone music player, windows PC and multiple sound cards. Something that I have used before is jriver music centre. then you could either use 3rd party programs for remote control of the software (Promixis Net remote - for jriver specific control), or microsoft remote desktop like software. Ihaven't found (after extensive search) a *nix alternative. Obviously by putting software in the equation you run the risk of crashes.

Depends on your priorities, and dead MoH isn't a show stopper, you could always use software to re-start the system automatically every 10 days.

BAC42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back