Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH will not play. Programmed ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertinn

Vendor
Nov 28, 2010
US
Set MOH to MUSIC and BACKGROUND to Y on a CICS with 6.1 SW.

I connected as usual to the Vi/Gn and then tried Vi/Sl but still nothing. This is a new install and I connect MOH all the time on MICS and CICS.

Any suggestions?

Does the MOH path ever stop working or is there a fuse for the MOH circuit?

Put your butt set on the frame and see if you can hear the music. It might be a bad cable between the music sourse and your frame.

Old Norstan techs ride on!!!

I think you have the wrong pair. It should be the 17th pair on the 2nd cable that should be yellow/orange not violet /green.

T.R.
RCDD

there may not be any stupid questions
but their is a bunch of inquizative idiots
(myself included at times)

I think he stated it was a CICS which would be the vl/gr pair and not the yl/or. I would check it with your butt set then take it from there.

there is music kn the butt set. would resetting the whole thing to default help?

Ok here is what happened.

I pulled the Vi/Gr off the block. Stripped the ends off a little and then touched the MOH radio leads from the cables to the end of the pair.

I had the Background music on a set real loud and I heard a faint scratching sound when I rubbed the pairs together, so I had the correct pair on the CICS.

I then turned the radio all the way, way past the volume I have ever used before and I heard the radio for a short time on the set. Then it started to fade.

I did this several times and I could even hear it on hold but it kept fading like something inside the CICS was failing.

There is some scortched marks on the large board in the middle of this unit.

Any idea what may be going on.

This is what I found when I opened up this CICS. The system is running but the maybe this is why the MOH is not working.

Has anyone see this before?

( I tried to upload a pic of the damage. Can someone tell me how to upload a pic )

Thanks

Sounds like somebody broke the "smoke seal" on the BGM interface.

(The factory puts "magic smoke" inside the chips, and if you break the "smoke seal" and let the smoke out, they don't work any more.)

U Gotta send it out and get it fixed...

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back