Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH not going accross the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelhawk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2004
GB
Hi,

We have voice network consists of mesh of interconnected passport 7480 nodes and Nortel 61C PABXs are connected to each of the passports.

Now problem is i have connected a MOH (music on hold)to one 61C....if the extentions with in this 61C are put on hold we can hear music but suppose we are calling extention on other node then while putting them on hold there is no music.

In nutshell across the network my music is not going. Pls HELP./regarding wot may be the issue........

Thanx a lot

Hi nortelhawk,
there was a similar discussion a while ago that I and a couple of others chipped in on (partial text copied below). Check out the original post from msharma on 30 Aug 2004. Let us know if it is (or is not) a ComfortNoiseCap problem.

msharma (IS/IT--Manageme) Aug 30, 2004
Hi

I have two NORTEL Passports 7480 connected over an International circuit.we are using voice over ATM on PVCs.
These two passports are connected to avaya voice PBXs on both ends.My problem is if a caller on one avaya speaking to other on the second avaya puts on Hold the music on hold is not being heard by the second party.The MOH if played locally works perfectly fine.
we are also using silence suppresion on this network.if we keep the silence suppression as SLOW the MOH is heard for 20 seconds and after that it stops.
but if we keep the silence suppresion as ON we donot hear MOH at all.

pls help

regards
ms

rgds
ms

NTPeave (MIS) Sep 1, 2004
Hi MS,
What is your comfortNoiseCap (under the vroute interface) set to? Perhaps your MOH is too quiet to stop silence suppression from kicking in? Is it possible to check your MOH level and possibly increase it, or failing that, wind down your comfortNoiseCap to increase its sensitivity?
Your situation sounds like silenceSuppression is definitely activating - the 20sec window is expected for 'SLOW' suppression. Why do you use SLOW suppression - are many of you callers silent for longer than 20seconds? If not, you won't get the bandwidth savings of using silence suppression. I'm interested to hear how you go with this problem...
Regards,
NTPeave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back