Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Module Not Found Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerGirl117

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
US
I keep getting the above error message whenever I attempt to open my timesheet database that is run with a switchboard. When I click on the OK button in the error message window, Access opens up the code window for a specific report. This report however doesn't have any code behind it. Just a minute ago I opened the database with the Shift key and there were two dialog forms open behind the database window. One of them doesn't even get used or called anywhere in the database. I created it a while back with the intention of having a user login screen. But that has not been implemented yet. The other dialog box is a date dialog that opens up when the user wants to print their timesheet.

I just tried opening the database again while holding the Shift key down and now those dialog boxes are not open.

I seem to remember having this problem before but I can't remember how I fixed it and I can't find any helpful documentation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Jessica Morgan
Fire Fighter Sales & Service Co.
Pittsburgh, PA

It's not clear what the problem is. Sometimes when I get errors that don't have any explanation, I just open a new database and import everything I need from the other database. It can sometimes flush out the errors.

Give it a try.

Cheers

Yeah, tell me about it. It's NOT clear what the problem is...at all. I just created a new database and imported everything in. It works fine if I open Access and then open the database but does not work if I try to open it with a shortcut. I can't remember how to remedy that. Jessica Morgan
Pittsburgh, PA

It's not your day - have you tried kicking the crap out of your PC (that sometimes does the trick - at the very least it makes you feel better)

I've never had problems with shortcuts other than incorrect paths. Have you got anything unusual in the shortcut? You could try creating a new shortcut (it's worth a shot)

If nothing else works, try rebooting the PC.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. Good luck with it.

Cheers

I deleted and recreated the shortcut. Works fine now. Stupid databases. Or should I say ignorant database users. I don't know what it takes to pound in to their heads that they MUST exit the database properly.

Thanks for your help. Jessica Morgan
Pittsburgh, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back