Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Module idiosyncrasies? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

David87

Vendor
Sep 5, 2010
US
The more I get familiar with the Partner series the better I like it.

I am aware of the issues of the ACS R7 processor. Are there other modules, especially processors or VM, that have their own idiosyncrasies that affect their value or usefulness.

Thanks

From what I've read, some 308ECs can cause problems with remote administration. I can't remember the specifics, but a topic search should pull something up.

Also from the "back of my mind" file, I remember seeing something about a noise or static problem when using a Partner Voice Messaging in conjunction with an R8 processor.

I don't remember if these were isolated issues or wide spread. [purpleface]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

With the R8 processor, there are two issues:

1. Certain RAC cards don't work properly when Vs Msg PC card is in Slot 2. The modem in the RAC card doesn't work, so the system cannot be administered remotely.

2. There is also an issue with Remote Admin when there is a 308 placed in Slot 1 of a 5-slot carrier. The modem is affected and doesn't work.

We have an R8 processor and a 308 module in slot 1 of the 5-slot carrier (and a R7 messaging module in slot 2) and the RAC card works fine (the RAC card is in slot 1 of the processor and slot 2 is empty). We originally had a G1 RAC card and it had that bad modem problem, but we replaced it with a G4 RAC card and it's working fine. Guess it's just a random thing with the RAC card (Avaya says it's a firmware issue with the RAC card).

Someone should get a star for using idiosyncrasy. Or perhaps have one taken away. ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back