Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Module for Lotus Notes problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfrat6

MIS
Mar 23, 2004
US
I am experiencing a problem with schedulded backups from the Networker server to any of my Lotus Notes servers.

I am recieving the following error;

May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: NetWorker savegroup: (alert) Default completed, total 2 client(s), 0 Hostname(s) Unresolved, 1 Failed, 1 Succeeded. (sms1.corp.net Failed)
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: Start time: Tue May 24 15:44:35 2005
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: End time: Tue May 24 15:46:08 2005
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: --- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: savegrp: suppressed 20 lines of output -
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: check daemon.log for details.
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -k Do not expand the database and directory link files
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -p Domino data directory (Partitioned and MS Cluster Server only)
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -P Specifies the parallelism level of the client
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -R Lotus recommended directories
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -s NetWorker server
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -w Sets the date after which this save set will no longer be browsable
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -x Include mounted directories for backup
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -y Sets the date when the saved data will become recyclable
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: -Z Sets data encryption to on, default is off
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: path To backup Notes Files under directory <path>
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: * sms1.corp.net:NOTES: nsrnotesv: filename Full pathname of the Notes file to backup
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: --- Successful Save Sets ---
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: bk01.corp.net: index:sms1.corp.net level=9, 93 KB 00:01:17 15 files
May 24 15:46:08 bk01.corp.net: bk01.corp.net: bootstrap level=full, 316 KB 00:00:01 249 files

It appears as if there is a syntax problem when the backup runs but i have not added anything, it is a plain nsrnotesv.exe in Backup Command and nothing in the Application Information area. The saveset is set to NOTES: so as to keep it simple.

I can run a manual backup from the Networker User for Lotus Notes on the Notes server, and from the command line on the Notes server, but cannot from the Legato master server..

Also scheduled backups of the C:\ or D:\ work fine for these servers.

I have configured Notes server as per the Admin guide with environment variables...

W2k3 Networker server running 7.13 and NML 2.2.1 on Notes boxes.

Thanks for any help!!

Thanks NWNinja...

I have setup the environment variables as per the nmlag_2.2.pdf. And like I said a manual backup works from the clients so I dont think the problem is with clinet config. I believe the problem lies with the Client Resource on the Networker server....But, I didnt think I HAD to specify any MYARGS attributes, the default is to do -R which is the recommended Notes directories according to the admin guide.

I will give that a try.

Thx again.

To get ours to work there is a bat file in the /nsr/bin directory that has a line for MyArgs that you can set the variables for. Have not had any problems once I got the right switchs for MyArgs. So instead of running the nsrnotesv.exe I think the bat is nsrnotesv.bat and modify that batch file.

The batch file is used with version 2.1 and lower. I have seen it work on sites with 2.2, but i don´t think it is supported.
The MyArgs arguments that are in the bat file should be entered into "Application information" instead.

Well, I tried putting in the following in the "Application Information" section;

MYARGS=-v -A -F D:\Program Files\nsr\bin\nmlbackup.log -k -R

Which is stolen from Admin guide pg.53.... Although I dont see the -v as a supported option??? Guess it stands for verbose.

No change to the error.. As if it didnt recognize the entry. If i change the saveset to
NOTES:D:\Lotus\Domino\Data
the Savegroup Notification message has the new saveset listed but the same error.

Very strange.

Thanks for all the responses...if you think of anything new please give a shout!

I am going to open a case with Legato support today. Will let you know the outcome.

Well, not sure why... But after deleting the Client Resource, AGAIN, it worked...

Go figure, must have been a typo, although I had created and deleted the client numerous times in Networker, so I must have repeated the mistake! :-B

FYI - It does work with nothing specified in the Application information box. Just need NOTES: on the saveset, and nsrnotesv.exe in the Backup Command.

Sorry for the bother...

THanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back