Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular (RJ-45) to Amphenol adapter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhotep

Programmer
Jul 28, 2008
US
I need an RJ-45 to Amphenol adapter, but searching has led me to see there are multiple pinout configurations for this adapter. My question is:

What pinout do I need to go from an Adtran TSU 120-e (RJ-45 DSX port) to a Definity (obviously amphenol port).

Here is an example of what brought about my confusion.

pins 1,2 and 4,5 on RJ45, and on the switch tail if wired to wall field already, yellow orange pr and yellow green pair. reversal might be needed. If not wired out to wall field and making your own amp then 22/47 23/48 also reversal might be needed. 1/2 to 22/47 or 4/5 to 22/47

Not wired to wall field. I intend on plugging a cat5 cable into the RJ-45 port on the CSU and plugging the other end into an adapter like the one pictured in the link in the original post.

I have a handful of 259A KS 21997 L13. I have not taken one apart yet to see how it is pinned, but the amphenol interface only has leads for 1-4 and 26-29 .

259 has the wrong pin outs, sorry on the above but its the violet/orange and violet/green pairs on the amp which are pins 22/47 and 23/48. there was an old adapter that could of been used and am being told its a 356B but not sure.

Thanks. I was really trying to find a single port adapter that I have in use elsewhere and string a standard Cat5, but since I cant just pull those off to see what type they are I think I am just going to string up a standard Amp2Amp, cut the head off one end and pin it as stated above to an RJ-45 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back