Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging - send to incorrect DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbence

Technical User
Dec 9, 2011
US
I was put as first point of contact for PBX and MM issues within the company. We currently have 3 MAS servers with MM SP 9 on each one. Lately, we have an issue that doesn't happen all of the time but it seems like a call comes into a particular DN and it rings the DN. If the call isn't answered it should handed over to that DN's VM setup in MM. However, it seems that some users are complaining that they call there DN and it reaches another DN.

One user calls her DN from her home phone and it rings then gets the 'Welcome to Avaya Messaging prompt' and not her particular VM prompt. It was traced back to another DN that did not have VM setup.

Another call stated that people try to reach his DN and it rings at this phone and instead of going to VMl, it goes to another user's DN and someone else picks up.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

does this only happen to the users above or is it hit and miss with most users ?

If you pull the OHV logs does it happen on all MAS's or only one and not the others ?

What type of ports are you using from the PBX ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Other item to check on the switch side is the routing and private/public unknown tables. When it calls to the MM how many digits are you sending? Does it match the mailbox number?

You get the "Welcome to" greeting when MM is receiving digits that can't be matched up to a mailbox number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back