Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging event 1875 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

S8700Girl

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
US
Hi, since we upgraded the CM to 6.2 and added a session manager and I upgraded the Modular Messaging MAses to 5.2 sp 15, both mases have been logging 1875 events. 1875 error - failure to translate voicemail for McHenry SIP. I called Avaya and they have not gotten back to me and there is no documentation on their website addressing this. Thanks.

Make sure that all elements are properly configured for McHenry (CM, Session Manager and MM). What MM storage type are you using (Avaya MSS, Exchange or Domino)?

Can you provide the full description from 1875 event from the Event Monitor on the MAS? How many MAS do you have and is it happening on all of the MAS?

We have 2 Mases. Both have the event 1875 error.

here is the exact wording, Failure to translate number voicemail for switch McHenry SIP

Could you also tell me on the Event iD what it lists as its source.
How many digits in the mailbox on the MSS?
On the Station ID is it sending the correct number of digits?
On the Session manager what are the digits translation?

Source is gv_vserver
digits 5
Yes
I think 5. We are set up as multisite but will be changing to single site within the next few months. Does it being multisite have anything to do with it?

Thanks. Dianne

Could be a multisite issue if you truly have the MM Voice system in the VMSC setup for Multisite.
There has to be a rule setup for each grouping of digits that will be used for mailboxes.
Do you have that setup for McHenry?

in the multisite configuration what happens if you put this users number in as a test ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

We think this has been happening for a while. I know when we installed this system, we had all of it configured for multisite. When we upgraded the phone system to CM 6.2, we made a site that used to be a standalone an ESS off the main one (McHenry). We are supposed to be getting our business partner to change it to a single site. But we do not know when that will be. This type of event error does not hurt the system, does it?

It does not hurt it per say but i am sure it is causing some one some pain. Not being able to see the system i cant really tell.

Why has your BP that works on the MM not been able to tell you what the issue is ? That is what we do for our customers.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Unfortunately there is no way to go back on an MM as a single site without rebuilding it. If you are currently using the Multisite feature on the MM then you have to define that site 'McHenry" for all the numbers that are used to call it. Your business partner or Avaya's ASA/ATAC groups should be able to assist you with this programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back