Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging 5.2 upgrade/migrate to Aura Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfdzn

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2013
CA
I am unable to find any clear documentation to upgrade MM 5.2 to AAM ?

current setup is MSS and 2 x MAS

anyone can help ?

That is because there not a clear upgrade path. If you want more info let me know. You install a new AAM and then use message move from Mutare or have the users setup their new mailboxes.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

We migrate our users with ProVision, I'm not aware of any free tools available to customers that will truly migrate the data. Typically our customers (if they don't have us migrate them) will just build the mailboxes again from scratch.

Thanks guys

as per my understanding, we have to install AAM as a standalone system and then migrate the users to new AAM

but if we want to upgrade existing hardware based MM 5.2 to AAM then we have to prepare new physical hardware to AAM or there is a way to upgrade it on the existing servers ?

No easy way with existing servers unless you want to Stage/Build/Test/Program and populate subscriber information all in one go. I'd definitely recommend new hardware, or run it in VMWare.

If you have 8800 servers or above you can use the same hardware but then it becomes a task to wipe them and reload and program all in one swoop

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back